Friday, July 2, 2010

Last days in Thailand - Exercise in the Park

  

The big decision was made, it was time to leave Asia after four years of traveling and living the Scuba diving lifestyle. I have seen so much and loved every second of the traveling, making new friends and just seeing the world through Asian eyes. Time to go home for a short visit and then to decide on a next destination.
 
So off I went to Bangkok to sort out my passport issues as I had no pages left. That's a great way to end, you know you've really used it. 

There was a few must sees that I still had in Bangkok and so I decided to spend a extra day or two to fit them into my schedule.

First stop the Bangkok Central Gardens around the university. 

I lovely place full of beautiful sculptures and landscaped gardens in which you can go and have a picnic, do some exercise on the designated equipment provided or just admire the view and forget that you are in a concrete jungle.

  
The statue of Adam and Eve by Anik Somboon titled "Plant of Life".

Concept: The plant of life means love that gives each other between wife and husband. Love is always beautiful, to understand, to care and to consider in feeling that like the growing plant, you have to see, water, loosen and apply fertilizer so it's to strength and growth. 

This was directly taken from the inscription on the statue. Thaiglish! Will I ever understand it...

 

  Exercise equipment around the park.
 Astrological signs (Libra)


No comments: