Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Hong Kong Peak Tram












After beginning its journey in the year 1888, with a steam engine to boost its power, the Peak Tram, Hong Kong, today it runs with a total computerized control. A hundred and twenty passengers can travel in the Peak tram at a time. Using a 1520 mm rail gauge.

You start at the Central Market and make your way up through various levels and stops all the way up to the top of Victoria Peak. At some areas it gets quite scary as it feels as if the tram is travelling up a 90 degree hill.

I was at a stage half praying that it doesn't derail and fall backwards halfway up my journey. I figured it would be Murphy's law that it would happen to me...

But safe and sound to the top for a day of exploration and shopping it seems. They have an entire mall up there...









Having lunch at the Bubba Gump Shrimp company is new experience of typical American style dining. You use these boards to indicate to the staff that they must stop or go...

I had shrimp stuffed with crab meat and baked in a cheese and garlic sauce... Wow! I am so going back here...



What country am I in?








No comments: