Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bird watching in Hong Kong









I am not a huge fan of bird watching, or let me rather say I have never actually done it before. I found myself ending up at the bird Avery in Hong Kong Park and was intrigued that they could have over 90 species of birds within an enclosure the size of quarter of a rugby field so in I went armed with no binoculars (Who knew you had to have these :) :) :) ) and my camera. It turns out that even through I looked the complete amateur without the required piece of equipment, I was right up the alley of some of the great bird watching photographers when it came to my choice of camera and more precisely one of the lenses.

So out came the telescopic lens and photo's were taken.

Not bad for my first shot a photographing wild life - not under water...

Now I just have to figure out which birds these are... Okay I guess most avid bird watchers will not be liking me much now...





1 comment:

Deby Coles said...

Hi Carlien, We've been following your blog and your adventures. We are truly envious of the fabulous journey you are taking. And you take amazing pictures too so we get to see a lot of what you see. Thanks and keep sharing, Deby and Nigel Coles, Ex mermaids still in Cayman Islands