Thursday, March 18, 2010

Buddha Cave Temple




Pretty patterns under Buddha's feet
Entrance to the caves.

This cave reminded me very much of the Batu Caves that I visited in Malaysia, but the stalactites and stalagmites in this one is far more impressive and it was much cleaner.

You walk through the initial chamber which has a fast collection of Buddha's images and sculptures to get to a set of stairs that lead into the actual caves itself. Once you turn the corner into the actual cave you are greeted by an impressive site of hundreds of year old stone.

The lights give the caves a glow which seems almost eerie as if you can look back in time.

Loads of bats around, thank goodness none of them came near us. I wonder if I would've ever been able to wake my mum up if one of these had to fly into her hair.






No comments: