Friday, March 19, 2010

Jurong Bird Park








My first photographic interaction with birds was when I visited the Hong Kong park, and from then on I quite liked the idea of birds and taking photos of them, so off we went to the Singapore Jurong Bird Park as part of a package visit to the Singapore Zoo and the night safari.

This was absolutely amazing and they have some of the most beautiful birds in the world. It was hard to decide which birds I enjoyed most between the beautiful pink and almost salmon colored flamingos, the tropical toucan's or the Loeries that would eat nectar out of your hand.

Next time I go to Singapore I will do the Bird park and the zoo on separate days. There is just too much to see to only spend half a day in each park.

I also plan on investing in a bird book so that I know what I am looking at and taking photos of. This could very well become a new hobby...


Mom's favorite bird...


The African Garden



My mom hand feeding the Loeries....





Mom posing during the Birds and Buddies Show.




Basketball


No comments: