Friday, March 19, 2010

Racecourse Road



Racecourse road is in the heart of little India, my least favorite place in Singapore simply because it always feels like mayhem, dirty and the men look you out of your clothes. Nevertheless our accommodation turned out fine and seeing that we just used it as a place to put our heads down it actually turned out to be a good central point.

It is stone collectors paradise. Store and store of wholesale stone merchants and store on store of porcelain merchants on the other side of the road. Of course we knew every stone merchant, and barely looked at the porcelain.

We had to catch the bus at the Mustafa Centre where you can literally buy everything and anything. It made me think of the oriental plaza that my grandma used to take me to as a child in Johannesburg. Only in the actual orient this time...

Asphodel - where I stayed for the last night...


Dragon sculpture trees outside of the Chinese temple.


No comments: